Business and Professional Women
"BPW is Women Helping Women Succeed"
The Power of YOU ~ Our Voices, Our Votes!
Our mission is to promote and support equity for working women in all stages of their lives and to promote personal empowerment and professional development through advocacy, education, and information.
All individuals who support our mission are invited to join - women, men, working, not working, retired, and students. A business affiliation is not required; Please join us for a program; all are welcome.
We are a volunteer organization of working individuals who meet monthly to network, develop our personal and professional skills through seminars and programs, and increase our business and community relationships. We're also actively involved in supporting legislation to ensure equality, equity, and economic change for women.
- Thursday, 8/6/2020: MC BPW Virtual Officer Installation, New Member Induction, and Summer Social
- Wednesday, 9/16/2020: Dr. Patricia Maclay - "Stress & Disease: How to Break the Link"
- Wednesday, 10/14/2020: MC BPW Woman of Achievement
- Wednesday, 11/18/2020: Diane Hsiung, MBA - “Finances during COVID-19”
- December 2020: Happy Holidays!
- Sunday, 1/31/2021: Women's Legislative Briefing
- Wednesday, 2/10/2021: Legislative Program - TBD
- Wednesday, 3/10/2021: Women's History Month Celebration - TBD
- Wednesday, 4/14/2021: Health Discussion with MC BPW Physicians & Scientist Members - TBD
- Wednesday, 5/12/2021: Professional Development - TBD
Programming for 2020-2021
- The Susan R. Christen Scholarship Fund provides scholarships for women attending Montgomery College to complete courses toward their undergraduate education or to achieve career advancement and greater equity in today's work force. Awarded Annually each September. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please contact Montgomery College, Grants and Scholarships, for an application at email@example.com or 240-567-4021.
- The Women's Legislative Briefing (WLB), sponsored by the Montgomery County Commission for Women, is held each January. MC BPW is represented on the planning committee, and co-sponsors the event along with dozens of other volunteer organizations each year. Originated in Montgomery County, Maryland, it has become a state-wide event that draws over 700 attendees each year who benefit from legislative workshops, keynote speakers, plenary panels, and an opportunity to meet our state legislators.
- President - Melissa McKenna firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Vice President - Mona Shing, MD email@example.com
- 2nd Vice President - Patricia Maclay, MD firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Susan Horst email@example.com
- Treasurer - Alicia Hannon firstname.lastname@example.org